Foogasmic Cake – Flavours to choose from!
Easy Sponge layers
100g/4oz softened organic butter
100g/4oz Organic self raising flour
2 organic free range eggs
100g/4oz caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp water
1. Beat all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Divide between 2 oiled/buttered and greeseproof lined 18cm/7″round tins.
3. Bake in an oven preheated to 180deg/350F for 25-30 mins.
4. Turn out cakes onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Sandwich cakes together with chosen filling from below.
- Victorian Sponge cake:Add home made rasberry jam with 3 tbsp sugar and spread it in between the sponge layers.
- Berry fruits: 75g/3oz butter, 125g/5oz Icing sugar, 100gm/4oz fresh berries, Cream together butter and sugar then mix in fresh berries.
- Chocolate Frosting: 1 egg white(beat it till you can), 100g/4oz sugar, 1tbsp water, 75g/3oz melted chocolate. Carefully bring sugar and water to a rolling boil then stir into stiff egg white followed by melted chocolate.
- Cappuccino: 150ml whipped cream, 25g/2oz Instant coffee, 50g/2oz grated chocolate. – Stir coffee powder and grated chocolate into whipped cream.
- Lemon Drizzle: 75g/3oz butter 150g/6oz icing sugar, 1 lemon rind and juice. – Cream together the butter, sugar and grated lemon rind. Add lemon juice to make spreading consistency.
Trust me this is the best cake recipe ever. Just follow the instructions and get a ride to the Foogasm land! hehe.